Paris: World number 1 Novak Djokovic tightened his grip at the top of the ATP rankings published on Monday after his straight sets Italian Open win over Roger Federer.
The Swiss, defeated 6-4, 6-3 by the Serb champ on Sunday, remains second ahead of Scot Andy Murray. Rafael Nadal, knocked out in the quarter-finals in Rome, sits on seventh just behind Canadian Milos Raonic, who dropped two places. As a result Tomas Berdych of Czech Republic and Kei Nishikori of Japan moved up to fourth and fifth place respectively.
ATP rankings on May 18
1. Novak Djokovic (SRB) 13,845 pts
2. Roger Federer (SUI) 9,235
3. Andy Murray (GBR) 7,040
4. Tomas Berdych (CZE) 5,230 (+1)
5. Kei Nishikori (JPN) 5,220 (+1)
6. Milos Raonic (CAN) 4,800 (-2)
7. Rafael Nadal (ESP) 4,570
8. David Ferrer (ESP) 4,490
9. Stan Wawrinka (SUI) 3,845
10. Marin Cilic (CRO) 3,325