On Kiran More’s fifty-second birthday, we take a look at some interesting facts and information about the former Indian wicket-keeper batsman
Kiran More. Pic/ Atul Kamble
• Kiran More played 49 Test with a total of 1,285 runs and 130 dismissals. His highest score was 73.
• He played 94 ODIs with a total of 563 runs and a top score of 42*.
• He amassed 5,223 runs in first class cricket with a highest score of 181*.
• Kiran More holds the Test record for most stumpings in an innings (5) and in a match (6).
• During the West Indies tour in 1982-83 he was Syed Kirmani’s understudy without even playing a single Test match.
• During the Lord’s Test in 1990, More dropped Graham Gooch on 36 runs. Gooch went on to score 333 in that innings. This went down as one of the facts he is remembered for.
• At the 1992 World Cup match against Pakistan, Kiran More’s constant appealing led Pakistan’s Javed Miandad to mockingly leap up and down to imitate the keeper.
• Kiran More was the Chairman of the BCCI Selection Committee from 2002-2006.
'Look' how the Sheena Bora case has taken a toll on Indrani Mukerjea
Birthday special: 14 Bollywood actors who made it big on TV
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Poonam Pandey, Sana Khan at fashion event
Photos: Rishi Kapoor, wife Neetu, daughter Riddhima at book launch
Photos: Sunny Leone, Shraddha Kapoor, Shriya Saran at Mumbai airport