Here is a list of top seven foods that are highly linked with the risk of Type 2 diabetes
The choice of our everyday diet is a powerful regulator of our body’s metabolism. Our morning breakfast platter full of bacons and donuts can increase the risk of type 2 diabetes. On the other hand, a slice of few slices of white bread during dinner can also create a massive harm to the body’s metabolism. Diabetes is not only caused by the type of food we eat, but also by the way we consume certain food items. Here is a list of top seven foods that are highly linked with the risk of Type 2 diabetes:
1. Chicken: A steady consumption of chicken can double the chance of developing Type 2 diabetes. Chicken when consumed as a frozen food item or in deep fried form can pose serious threat to the body.
2. Red meat: Red meat is high in saturated fat and when consumed in excess can lead to the development of diabetes. Red meat and processed meat rich in dietary fat also lead to the risk of heart diseases. Bacon, ham and beef steaks are some forms of red meat that should be avoided to cut the risk of diabetes.
3. Butter: Not every form of butter is harmful. Butter purchased from stores is rich in salt and transfat. Such types of saturated-fat rich butter when eaten too frequently increase the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
4. Aerated drinks: Aerated drinks are the biggest enemies of diabetes. Aerated drinks, canned juices, and health drinks contain high proportion of sugar and preservatives. Soft drinks, canned juices, and health drinks not only lead to diabetes, but also to obesity, heart diseases and bone decay in women.
5. Pastries: Baked food items like donuts and pastries are high in sugar, flour, and preservatives. Consumption of pastries increases cholesterol level and thereby increases the chance of developing type 2 diabetes. Cutting on pastry intake will curb calorie intake and thereby reduce the risk of developing diabetes.
6. White bread: White bread is a form of refined starch which when consumed interferes with the body’s glucose level. To cut the risk of diabetes, white breads should be replaced with whole wheat bread and other healthier grain options like brown rice and barley.
7. French fries: This greasy fried food disrupts the body’s sugar level and creates a major risk of developing diabetes. French fries are rich in starch and unsaturated fats. Consumption of potatoes in such fried forms ups the level of bad cholesterol in the body and hence becomes a major reason for the cause of diabetes and obesity.