It's Sehwag vs Dhoni today!
While the hosts have been bolstered by the arrival of Kevin Pietersen and Mahela Jayawardene, Chennai are riding high on their resounding win over Deccan Chargers on Saturday when Ravindra Jadeja and Dwayne Bravo stood out. Both sides are hitting their straps early in the tournament.
Jayawardene acknowledged that he had a big role to play. “Both KP and I have the responsibility to help Viru (Sehwag) in decision making on and off the field. We have good blend of youth and experience in our team and as senior players we just need to guide the youngsters,” he said yesterday.
Jayawardene said that his team will have to contain Dhoni’s batsmen. “Obviously they are the defending champions and they have got a really good group of players. We just need to make sure that we are able to control their batting line-up which is their strong point,” he said.
Sehwag said the youngsters would benefit from Jayawardene and Pietersen. “Mahela and KP’s return will give a boost to our side. Any captain would love to have them in his side,” he said during a function yesterday. “Lot of young players are looking forward to share the dressing room with them,” he added.
Meanwhile, CSK will be worried about Murali Vijay’s form.
* Find a settled opening pair
* Not allow Sehwag to dominate
* Dismiss the dangerous KP early
* His batsmen get on top of the wily Irfan Pathan
* Jadeja, Bravo continue to excel
* Fire at the top with Mahela
* Morne Morkel keeps it up
* KP gets into thick of the action Stadium in the last IPL season
* Doug Bracewell finds his straps
* Dismiss Dwayne Bravo cheaply