The IPL carnival of 47 days finally came to an end yesterday. Many records also tumbled during the course of the match. Here is a look at a few of them:
1. The target of 200 chased by the Kolkata Knight Riders was the highest total chased in a final. Incidently, they overhauled their own record of 191 they chased in 2012.
The Kolkata Knight Riders won their second IPL title
2. This IPL final was only the second final in seven editions that did not feature the Chennai Super Kings.
3. It was the first final after 2010 to have been played on a neutral venue and not the home ground of the defending champions.
4. Wriddhiman Saha became the first player to score a hundred in an IPL final.
5. Wriddhiman Saha scored the fastest hundred in this IPL (49 balls)
Wriddhiman Saha scored the fastest hundered in this season's IPL
6. Wriddhiman Saha has the highest strike rate (209.49) for a player who has played more than 15 balls in an IPL final.
7. Kolkata Knight Riders became only the second team after the Chennai Super Kings to win two IPL finals.
8. Yusuf Pathan became the only player to win the IPL title with two different teams (first with Rajasthan Royals in 2008 and Kolkata Knight Riders in 2012 and 2014)
9. Karanveer Singh became only the third player after Anil Kumble (2009) and Dwyane Bravo (2013) to take four wickets in an IPL final. He also had the most expensive figures for a bowler taking four wickets as well (4/54 in four overs)
10. The final had the most number of sixes hit in an IPL final (21), going past 17 hit in the final of 2011.
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing
Photos: Salman Khan, Daisy Shah spotted at the Mumbai airport
Photos: Rakhi Sawant to play Honeypreet in Ram Rahim biopic
Photos: Arvind Kejriwal asks Kamal Haasan to join politics
Photos: TV actress who played goddesses on the small screen