Mumbai Crime: 22-year-old woman gang-raped in Andheri

Mar 03, 2016, 06:47 IST | Saurabh Vaktania

A 22-year-old woman was allegedly kidnapped and raped by six men in Andheri (east) in the wee hours of Wednesday. The cops have arrested four of the accused, while two are on the run.

The Saki Naka police in Andheri (east) have filed a kidnapping and gang rape case in the matter and are investigating further. They refused to give the names or any other information about the six accused. According to police officials, the woman is not from Mumbai and has no relatives here.

Also Read: 16-year-old's pregnancy reveals gang rape eight months ago

According to police officials, the woman said in her statement, in the wee hours of Wednesday after work, she took an auto from Andheri West towards Kurla. She said in her statement that the auto driver, however, dropped her off at another place and left. She had no idea where she was, and was then approached by three of the accused. She claims they tied a cloth around her mouth and forcibly took her to a room later identified to be in Hari Masjid area in Saki Naka where the three other accused were present. She claims the six accused took turns raping her.

Read Story: 21-year-old woman gang-raped in tempo at Cotton Green

The accused also threatened to kill her. In her statement the woman said that she screamed for help but no one came to rescue her. A few hours later the accused left her in a nearby area.

Police says
The woman then managed to call the police control room. Senior PI Avinash Dharmadhikari of Saki Naka police station said, “We have registered an FIR in the matter, charging the accused for kidnapping, assault and rape. Four of the accused have been arrested, we are searching for the other two.”

Also Read: Four men gangrape teen girl after befriending her on Facebook, 3 held

A police official said, “All the accused are from the same area, and some were in an inebriated state at the time of incident.”

Another police official said, “The four accused will be produced in the court on Thursday, where we will ask for police custody and investigate the case further. We are trying to get in touch with family members of the

Go to top