Forbes magazine has listed the biggest turkeys of the year and reveals that DreamWorks' USD 28 million controversial WikiLeaks drama “The Fifth Estate”, which stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Julian Assange, tops the list by earning just USD 6 million at the global box office. That means the film has earned back only 21 percent of its budget at the ticket window.
The movies starring the likes of Liam Hemsworth, Jason Statham, Mark Wahlberg and Ryan Reynolds that appear in Forbes flop list:
1. “The Fifth Estate” - Made on a budget of USD 28 million, it collected USD 6 million at the global box office. Return is just 21 percent.
2. “Bullet to the Head” - With an estimated budget of USD 25 million, the Warner Bros' film earned USD 9 million at the global box office. The return for director Walter Hill is 36 percent.
3. “Paranoia” - The thriller, made on a budget of USD 35 million, earned USD 13.5 million at the global box office. The film starred big names like Liam Hemsworth, Harrison Ford and Amber Heard but its return is just 39 percent.
4. “Parker” - The Jennifer Lopez starrer's budget was USD 35 million and its global box office earning was USD 17 million. Return is 49 percent.
5. “Broken City” - Directed by Allen Hughes it is a multi-starrer with Mark Wahlberg, Russell Crowe, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Jeffrey Wright featuring in the cast. The big starrer was a USD 35 million project and garnered USD 19 million at the global box office. Return is 54 percent.
6. “Battle of the Year” - The USD 20 million project, directed by Benson Lee, earned USD 11 million. Return is 55 percent.
7. “Getaway” - the Ethan Hawk and Selena Gomez starrer was an USD 18 million movie and its global box office return was USD 10.5 million. Estimated return is 58 percent.
8. “Peeples” - The total investment in director Tina Gordon Chism's family drama was USD 15 million and it collected USD 9 million at the global box office. Return is calculated at 60 percent.
9. “R.I.P.D.” - An expensive affair, the 3D supernatural comedy by director Robert Schwentke was made on a budget of USD 130 million and its global box office earning was USD 78 million. Return is 60 percent.
10. “The Big Wedding” - Made on a budget of USD 35 million, the Robert De Niro, Diane Keaton, Katherine Heigl and Susan Sarandon romantic comedy collected USD 22 million at the global box office. The return is estimated at 63 percent.
In pictures: Bend it like Mumbai yogini Natasha Noel
Photos: Varun, Taapsee, Jacqueline promote 'Judwaa 2' on 'Dance Plus 3'
Instagram's newest sensation: Check out these photos of Bruna Abdullah
Photos: This is how Chitrangda Singh looks without make-up
Photos: Malaika Arora parties wearing see-through lace dress