Johannesburg: American tennis ace Venus Williams has entered the top ten of latest WTA ranking following her victory in the Zhuhai Masters in China.
The 35-year-old outclassed Karolina Pliskova 7-5, 7-6 (6) to win the WTA Elite Trophy.
Venus Williams. Pic/ AFP
Venus, who has climbed up from 11th to seventh place, also became the oldest woman to have featured in the list since Martina Navratilova in 1995, Sport24 reported.
Five-time Wimbledon champion Venus had last topped the ranking in February 2002.
Meanwhile, Venus' younger sister Serena Williams remains on top with 9,945 points and maintains a comfortable advantage of 3,885 over Simona Halep of Rome.
Outside the top 10, Pliskova also moved up to two places and grabbed the 11th spot.
1. Serena Williams (USA) 9 945 pts
2. Simona Halep (ROM) 6 060
3. Garbie Muguruza (ESP) 5 200
4. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 5 011
5. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 4 500
6. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 4 220
7. Venus Williams (USA) 3 790 (+4)
8. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 3 621 (-1)
9. Lucie Safarova (CZE) 3 590 (-1)
10. Angelique Kerber (GER) 3 590
Photos: Sunny Deol with sons Karan and Rajvir at Mumbai airport
Photos: 10 beautiful moments that capture winter around the world
Muhammad Ali birth anniversary: Top boxing films of all time in pics
Photos: Karisma Kapoor, Preity Zinta, Shraddha Kapoor at Mumbai airport
Spotted: Anushka Sharma and Diljit Dosanjh at Mumbai studio