A 24-year-old BPO executive was allegedly raped by her junior colleague and his five friends in their flat in wee hours of Sunday in Pune.

The Mundhwa police is probing the case and, based on the survivor's statement, has arrested all the accused on Sunday afternoon.

Picture used for representational purpose only
Picture used for representational purpose only

Inspector Pathan in-charge of Mundhwa police said, ''We are investigating the case. She is working in a BPO company situated at Hinjewadi IT park. She is on a high rank while one of the accused is working in the same company for the last one month. We are in a dilemma whether all the accused are involved in the crime or not. It will be confirmed only after completing a medical test of all the suspects on Monday at the Sassoon General Hospital.''

Inspector (crime) Rajendra Chavan of Mundhwa police station, said, "On Saturday, the company had organised an in-house party at their campus between 2 pm to 10 pm. The survivor knew the accused and had come to Gunjan Chowk in Yerawada to pick him up. The duo had gone to Mundhwa-based restaurant in the survivor's car. They had had alcohol and cocktail drinks at the restaurant. Thereafter, the girl was not in a position to drive back home, so the boy decided to accompany her till her home at Dhanori. By then, family members of the girl were calling on her mobile; however, she preferred to not receive the calls. They reached Dhanori area when the boy decided to visit his friends' flat as he too was drunk and did not want to go in such situation.''

He added, ''Accordingly, both the survivor and the boy had gone to the flat. At that time, others suspects were present in the flat.''

"As per the survivor's statement, she alleged that while leaving the flat, her body's private parts were aching. She had seen all other suspects in the flat. Based on her statement, we have arrested all the suspects on Sunday under relevant sections of IPC, 1860." Chavan informed.

"The Mundhwa police will carry out all the suspects' medical examination on Monday and thereafter the suspects will be produced before the court. Presently, the survivor is undergoing treatment at Sassoon General Hospital and her condition is stable," Chavan added.