Saman Khan starrer Monster alongside Nayanthara to release on Eid 2027: Report

20 August,2026 06:19 PM IST |  Mumbai  |  mid-day online correspondent

Salman Khan is reportedly set to team up with producer Dil Raju for a grand pan-India entertainer titled Monster, with Nayanthara said to play the female lead. The film is eyeing an Eid 2027 release, although the title, cast and project are yet to be officially announced

Salman Khan and Nayanthara. Pics via Instagram


Your browser doesn’t support HTML5 audio

Salman Khan is reportedly gearing up for another big-screen spectacle, and this time, he may be joining forces with producer Dil Raju for a project titled Monster. The pan-India entertainer is said to feature Nayanthara as the female lead and could arrive in theatres during the lucrative Eid 2027 weekend.

A grand pan-India project

While the makers are yet to officially reveal the film's title or announce the project, a recent report claims that Monster has been finalised as the name of the Salman Khan-led venture. If the report turns out to be accurate, the film will mark Salman's first collaboration with Dil Raju, adding another high-profile project to the actor's upcoming slate. Salman also has a thriller, 7 Dogs, releasing on August, 21.

The film is reportedly being mounted on a large scale, with the makers aiming to create a full-blown theatrical entertainer. Nayanthara's presence also makes the project an interesting crossover, as the actor continues to move between Hindi and South Indian cinema.

According to a report by Filmfare, Salman is expected to be closely involved in shaping the film's action portions. The stunt sequences have reportedly been planned with added care following a recent health scare involving the actor's body double. A source told the publication, "Salman is completely hands-on right now. He doesn't want the schedule to lose momentum."

The film's first look and title announcement are also expected in the coming weeks, although there has been no confirmation from Salman, Dil Raju or Nayanthara so far. Until then, Monster remains a reported title rather than an officially announced one.

Salman's packed schedule

If Monster does indeed lock in Eid 2027, Salman could once again be eyeing one of Bollywood's most significant festive release windows. The actor has had a long association with Eid releases, making the reported date an interesting one for fans eagerly waiting to see what he takes on next.

Before stepping into this reported project, Salman has another major commitment lined up. The superstar is set to return to television as the host of Bigg Boss 20, which is scheduled to premiere on September 6, 2026.

With a new season of the reality show around the corner and a massive film reportedly taking shape with Dil Raju and Nayanthara, Salman appears to have a busy period ahead. Now, fans will have to wait for an official announcement to find out whether Monster is truly the next beast Salman Khan is ready to unleash.

"Exciting news! Mid-day is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest news!" Click here!
Salman Khan nayanthara bollywood news Entertainment News Entertainment News Update
Related Stories