Third terrorist neutralised during Operation Trashi-I in Jammu and Kashmir's Kishtwar

22 February,2026 07:14 PM IST |  Kishtwar  |  mid-day online correspondent

An encounter broke out between security forces and terrorists in Kishtwar. Earlier on Sunday, two terrorists were neutralised in a major development in the ongoing anti-terror offensive in the region. Security forces are continuing searches in the Kishtwar area to ensure that no hostile elements remain at large

The Army confirmed that the remains and weapons of the third terrorist have been recovered. Representational pic


Your browser doesnโ€™t support HTML5 audio

Security forces on Sunday killed a third terrorist during a joint operation in the rugged terrains of Kishtwar district under Operation Trashi-I, the Indian Army's Jammu-based White Knight Corps said.

An encounter broke out between security forces and terrorists in Kishtwar. Earlier on Sunday, two terrorists were neutralised in a major development in the ongoing anti-terror offensive in the region, news agency ANI reported.

The Army confirmed that the remains and weapons of the third terrorist have been recovered.

In a post on X, the White Knight Corps stated: "In continued operations under #OpTrashi-I in Kishtwar, troops of CIF (D) #WhiteKnightCorps, in coordination with @JmuKmrPolice and #CRPF, have neutralised the third terrorist. The remains and the weapon of the terrorist have been recovered. The pursuit continues - no space, no sanctuary for those who seek to undermine the stability."

According to the White Knight Corps, actionable intelligence from the Jammu and Kashmir Police, Intelligence Bureau (IB), and Army sources indicated the presence of terrorists operating in the dense forest belts of Chatroo.

"Pursuant to credible intelligence inputs collated from #JKP, #IB and our own sources, a deliberate joint operation was launched in Kishtwar under Operation Trashi-I to track and neutralise terrorists operating in the area," the Corps added.

Jammu and Kashmir: Security forces re-engage terrorists in challenging terrain at 11 am

The Army said contact with the terrorists was re-established at around 11 am in challenging terrain, where troops of the Counter-Insurgency Force (CIF) Delta, in close coordination with the Jammu and Kashmir Police and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), re-engaged the terrorists, ANI reported.

During the firefight, security forces gained control of the encounter site and successfully neutralised two terrorists. Weapons, including two AK-47 rifles and other war-like stores, were recovered.

"The hunt continues - those who seek to disturb peace will find no sanctuary," the Corps added.

Operation Trashi-I, launched in January, has focused on the forested and mountainous areas of Kishtwar, including Chatroo, Sonnar, Dolgam, and Dichhar, involving multiple cordon-and-search operations and firefights.

Security forces are continuing searches in the Kishtwar area to ensure that no hostile elements remain at large, ANI reported.

(With ANI inputs)

"Exciting news! Mid-day is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest news!" Click here!
jammu and kashmir india India news national news news
Related Stories