Govt that conducted Operation Sindoor is scared of lazy and unemployed youth: Sanjay Raut on Cockroach Janta Party

22 May,2026 03:16 PM IST |  New Delhi  |  mid-day online correspondent

Reacting to the viral movement, Raut said, The government, which conducted Operation Sindoor, has got scared of the Cockroach Janta Party. It is scared of the youth, that too those who are lazy and unemployed

Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut addresses a press conference in New Delhi on Friday. PIC/X


Your browser doesn’t support HTML5 audio

Shiv Sena (Uddhav Balasaheb Thackeray) Rajya Sabha Member Sanjay Raut on Friday claimed that the Central government is scared of the emerging trend of the 'Cockroach Janta Party' on social media.

Reacting to the viral movement, Raut said, "The government, which conducted Operation Sindoor, has got scared of the Cockroach Janta Party. It is scared of the youth, that too those who are lazy and unemployed."

The Cockroach Janta Party has been gaining significant attention online in recent days.

Shiv Sena (UBT) MP Sanjay Raut on Friday claimed that the Central government is scared of the emerging trend of the 'Cockroach Janta Party' on social media.

Reacting to the viral movement, Raut said, "The government, which conducted Operation Sindoor, has got scared of the Cockroach Janta Party. It is scared of the youth, that too those who are lazy and unemployed."

The remark came even as the X account of Cockroach Janta Party, a satirical digital outfit that came up last week and took social media by storm, was withheld in India on Thursday. Soon after, came another handle - 'Cockroach is Back' with the tagline 'Cockroaches Don't Die'.

'Self-goal by the government': Abhijeet Dipke launches ‘Cockroach Is Back' after CJP X account withheld

"This (action) was expected since there were attempts to hack the account yesterday. But this is a self-goal by the government," founder Abhijeet Dipke told PTI.

"I have now started a new account named 'Cockroach Is Back' on X," Dipke added.

He also said the team would pursue the matter legally.

The number of followers of the account 'Cockroach is Back' continued to grow, reaching more than 91,000 late Thursday night. Around 6 pm, a few hours after the launch, the X handle had garnered more than 39,000 followers. It once again shared the demand for the resignation of Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, over the NEET UG 2026 paper 'leak'.

Cockroach Janta Party, which, according to Dipke, had 201,000 followers on X when it was withheld, was born following a controversy over Chief Justice of India Surya Kant using the terms "parasites" and "cockroaches" while pulling up a lawyer for his plea seeking senior designation.

The CJI later clarified that he was misquoted and his remarks were directed specifically at individuals entering the legal profession through "fake and bogus degrees".

Born a day after CJI's ‘cockroaches' remark, Cockroach Janta Party goes viral

The account, which came into being a day after the CJI's remarks on May 15, quickly went viral, attracting support from politicians, activists, artists and a large number of young and not-so-young social media users.

Though the X account is inaccessible in India, it can be accessed through VPN.

(With ANI and PTI inputs)

"Exciting news! Mid-day is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest news!" Click here!
sanjay raut india India news national news news
Related Stories