1 killed, 5 injured in gas cylinder burst

19 December,2010 07:20 AM IST |   |  Sayed Roshan

Rat cuts pipe, causes gas to leak through the night

Rat cuts pipe, causes gas to leak through the night

A woman was killed when a gas cylinder that had leaked throughout the night on Friday, blew up early Saturday morning in the Vaidhnath Ram Dayal Pandey Chawl in Dahisar east. The pipe had been chewed by a rat.

Harshad Talsania (48) entered her kitchen at 5.45 am to make tea. The moment Talsania lit a matchstick, the cylinder burst, causing the ceiling of the kitchen to fall.

Talsania was rushed to the Bhagwati hospital in Borivali with 80 per cent burns along with her husband Naveen Talsania (58), daughter Taru Talsania (24) and three neighbours, who were also injured in the blast.

Talsania succumbed to her injuries on Saturday evening. The others are out of danger.

"A rat had cut the wire, which caused the gas to leak. When Harshad tried to light the gas stove, the blast occurred," said a police official of Dahisar police station.

Gas cylinder burst woman killed rats news Mumbai
Related Stories