Badlapur resident beaten for confronting man who sexually abused his minor son
The boy's school bus in Badlapur had been changed last June, but sexual assault again started in January, forcing father to confront accused
The father has been taken to a hospital. Pic/ Navneet Barhate
A 33-year-old man from Badlapur East was assaulted by a group of school bus drivers on Wednesday because he had questioned the man who had allegedly sexually assaulted his 8-year-old son.
The victim has registered a complaint at Badlapur East police station. According to the police, in January 2017, the driver of a private bus, which has a service for the school where the man's son studies, began to sexually assault and threaten the boy. "When my son finally told me about the abuse, I informed the boss of the driver, Ravi Lavate, but he just said he was sorry about the incident. In June 2017, my son's bus was changed and things went well at first. But, on January 22, 2018, he was assaulted again, so on January 23, 2018, I confronted Lavate," said the complainant.
He said on Wednesday around 1 pm, when he was passing by the school, he again confronted Lavate. This time Lavate called a few other drivers and cleaners. "Around 8 to 9 people then started assaulting me. I ran towards a building, but there, a woman took a potted plant and hit my head with it. Somehow I fled," said the complainant who is admitted to a private hospital in Badlapur.
A case has been registered against Ravi Lavate, Yash Lavate and Akshay Karade under Sections 143, 147, 148, 149, 323 and 324 of the Indian Penal Code and Sections 7 and 8 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012. "We have registered a case against three people and are investigating the matter," said a senior official from Badlapur east police station.