Ban on Shah Rukh Khan stands, says MCA president
Mumbai Indians take on KKR tomorrow at the Wankhede, the venue where the KKR co-owner got into an ugly spat last year
Shah Rukh Khan may regret his brawl with a security guard at the Wankhede Stadium and some Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) officials during the last Indian Premier League (IPL) season, but MCA is in no mood to change its stand on the five-year ban imposed on the actor from entering the stadium. “He (Shah Rukh) has not given anything in writing to the MCA so far.
Let him officially communicate to us first, and then we will see. As of now the ban stays as it is,” MCA president Ravi Savant told MiD DAY yesterday. Mumbai Indians take on KKR tomorrow at the Wankhede, the venue where the KKR co-owner got into an ugly spat last year. The guard had stopped Shah Rukh and a bunch of children, including the actor’s kids, from entering the ground after the match.
Though Shah Rukh reportedly admitted that it was wrong on his part to get involved in such an incident, the Bollywood superstar in lighter vein on Friday said that he might enter the ground by wearing mask to deceive authorities this time. He added: “I don’t want to sound politically incorrect but what will they do if I enter?
Shoot me?” MCA, meanwhile, may have extra security cover for the Kolkata Knight Riders match.
“We might have to keep extra security if Shah Rukh forcefully tries to make his way into the ground. Of course, we won’t shoot him, but we will have to stop him,” said another MCA official.