Girl gangraped, filmed and thrown out of moving car

Jan 21, 2013, 10:49 IST | Agencies

A woman in Punjab was abducted and raped for two days before being thrown out of a moving vehicle on Sunday.

Another incident of gangrape came to light in north India when a woman was thrown out of a moving car after being raped for two days in Punjab.

A man and two women kidnapped the victim, who had gone to Chandigarh for a job interview, on Friday on the pretext of asking for directions. She was then drugged and raped at a deserted location.

Girl gangraped, filmed and thrown out of moving car
Representational pic

The accused then drugged her again and threw her out of a moving car near Bathinda on Sunday, where she was found and taken to a local hospital.

The traumatized victim recounted the horror she had faced, alleging that two women had helped the rapists.

“I had just got off at the bus stand in Sector-43, Chandigarh, when a man approached me asking for help with an address. As I started telling him, two women dragged me into their car and gave me an injection after which I lost consciousness. I do not know where they took me, but the next day I was raped and they made a video of it," she said.

Bathinda's Superintendent of Police, Dharamveer Singh, said that the victim's statement had been recorded and a probe has been initiated.

"A man named Rohitash found her on the roadside near Bathinda. She said that she had gone for an interview on January 18 and had been kidnapped and kept in captivity for two days, after which she had been thrown from a car. She has been admitted to the hospital and her statement has been recorded. She has alleged rape and the doctors are examining her," Singh said.

The incident is the second gangrape reported from Punjab this month, the first one being of a 30-year-old woman who was abducted by a bus driver and conductor and was raped by them and their accomplices.

Anti-rape agitations and protests had broken out across India in December, after the brutal gangrape of a 23-year-old on a moving bus in New Delhi, who died a fortnight after the incident.

Go to top