Movie Review: 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Whether or not you've seen 'Parks and Recreation', or are familiar with Chris Pratt, or have never been a fan of comic books, We offer you ten reasons to watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at the earliest
'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Director: James Gunn
Starring: Chris Pratt, Bradley Cooper, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista
Whether or not you've seen 'Parks and Recreation', or are familiar with Chris Pratt, or have never been a fan of comic books, I'll offer you ten reasons to watch 'Guardians of the Galaxy' at the earliest.
1) This movie is action packed and entertaining as hell. Even if you're a comic nut or are completely unfamiliar with Marvel, this is a wild ride tailor made for pretty much anyone who is looking for a good time at the theater.
2) For those coming in fresh after 'The Avengers', and wondered what would happen outside the universe of the Avengers, Guardians has got you covered. It expands the worlds built by Marvel and connects both the realms.
3) The characters in this film are more fun and funnier than all of the previous Marvel movies put together. They're also dissimilar to each other in every way and thereby more entertaining to watch on screen.
4) The lead heroes - Star Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora, Drax and Groot are as awesome as their names. Every one of them has some cult classic quality to them. And they're all designed to be iconic characters for this generation.
5) It looks like the folks at Marvel learned from 'Man of Steel', and director James Gunn chooses character over action in here – despite balancing them both equally. It's hard to enjoy any action nowadays with uninteresting characters, so props to the filmmakers for achieving this.
6) It doesn't mean the film is a character-based drama. This is an out an out action movie with large-scale visual effects. Not to go into hyperbole mode but this is literally one of the most visually stunning movies ever made.
7) Chris Pratt is going to be a huge star from here on. This is a star-making role for him, and aptly he plays Star Lord. He's hilarious, and likable at the same time. Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon redefines the superhero image by being a really mean and ruthless hero.
8) The villains in the film serve a purpose in the film bigger than just being villains. The scope and scale of the universe built in the film is huge, and it's nice to wait for the next film in the franchise.
9) Thanos, who showed up in the post credits sequence in The Avengers shows up in this film in a broader segment. It’s a great cameo, and a wonderful tease into what we can expect in the future Avengers and Guardians films. Needless to say, the possibilities are mouth watering.
10) 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is a refreshing change from the dark, brooding origin stories that Hollywood has been offering lately. Everyone in the movie has fun, and so will you.