Preity Zinta-Ness Wadia case takes an ugly turn

Jun 15, 2014, 11:15 IST | A Correspondent

Preity Zinta takes to Facebook to make her stand clear even as Ness Wadia's friends allege the actress occupied seats meant for the industrialist's guests — leading to a fight

The Marine Drive police have started recording several eye-witness accounts in the Preity Zinta-Ness Wadia case, even as the industrialist rubbished the allegations while the actress demanded justice, saying this was not the first time her former boyfriend had acted in this manner.

Also read: I have never been subject to such humiliating behaviour, says Preity Zinta

Preity Zinta and Ness Wadia
Preity Zinta has alleged that Ness Wadia abused her and touched her inappropriately. File Pic

Zinta had filed a complaint with the Marine Drive police yesterday alleging that Wadia had verbally abused and assaulted her in front of spectators during the IPL match between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings at the Wankhede stadium. Wadia predictably denied the charges. “I am shocked at the complaint. The allegations made against me are totally false and baseless,” he said.

Also Read: Ness Wadia abused me in front of spectators: Preity Zinta

Initial scanning of the CCTV footage is unclear, say the cops. “We are also recording statements of the guests who were seated close to the two of them. In her complaint, Preity has also brought up the issue of Ness Wadia’s bad behaviour with senior IPL official Sundar Raman. Raman’s statement will also be recorded. Some players from Kings XI, who were seated in that area, will also be questioned,” a senior police officer told sunday mid-day.

Meanwhile, in a statement released through her lawyer, the actress on Saturday stated, “This is a very difficult time for me and I would like to request the media to respect my privacy. My intention is not to harm anyone but only to protect myself.” Zinta is currently in Los Angeles.

Also Read: Ness Wadia rubbishes molestation accusations made by Preity Zinta

The source added, “On the night of the incident, Ness grabbed her hand and started abusing her in front of everyone present. Preity decided to stay silent so that the team’s morale was not affected before the final. She had reservations about being present at the final match after the ugly incident, but took a dignified stance and requested separate seating during the match.”

When contacted Ness Wadia said that he did not want to speak further on the case, but a source close to him said, “May 30 was his birthday. He had booked 14 tickets for his guests, including his mother and nephew, but when he reached the stadium he found that Zinta’s guests had already occupied the seats. He went up to the actress and confronted her, while his mother had to keep standing for 20 minutes. That is how the argument began and it should not be misconstrued as outraging a woman’s modesty.”

Zinta posts on Facebook
Preity Zinta took to social media to make her stand clear on the issue yesterday. Excerpts from her post:

“I may not be super wealthy and powerful but I have truth by my side and I’ve worked very hard all my life and tried to earn respect for myself as a self-made professional...

…No woman likes to be involved in a controversy like this, which makes her vulnerable for all to take a dig at. I have worked for over 15 years in the film industry and have never been subject to such humiliating behaviour and for that I really want to thank all the men who worked with me. Through all our highs and lows my head was always held high.

Every human being has a limit to how much they can take; some of us foolishly call it strength and try to look ahead focusing on the positives of work and life. All these years I have never said anything about him in the media but now I have no choice.”

Go to top