Tech: 6 tips and tricks that can help anyone master WhatsApp
Here are some tips and tricks that have been developed by WhatsApp to make the app more interesting and engaging
Time has changed and technology got promoted to a superb level. Gone are those days of text messaging and evolved the era of instant messaging, thanks to a range of innovative mobile applications. WhatsApp, the name uttered by almost every mobile phone user is the king of instant messaging applications. Since its launch in 2010 till now, WhatsApp has over one billion customers worldwide. WhatsApp is flexible, user-friendly and most importantly free of cost. With time, WhatsApp brought in a lot of innovative features, which in turn contributed to an increase in its user base.
Some tips and tricks have been developed by WhatsApp to make the app more interesting and engaging:
1. Add emotions to messages: Though this is a bit complicated, yet it is worth trying. The tone of messages can be enhanced by adding bold, italics and strikethrough. To bold a word, put an asterisk on both sides of the *word*. To write a word in italics, put the underscore symbol on the sides of the _word_. To incorporate strikethrough, put the hyphens in the ~word~.
2. Send voice messages through WhatsApp: Switch the record button on and compose the message in voice rather than words. Once the message is recorded, press the send option and it will be sent to the recipient immediately. But to do this, one needs to have an updated version of WhatsApp.
3. Restore deleted messages: There are times when a message can get accidently deleted. But, there is a way to bring back those deleted messages. This can be done by simply reinstalling WhatsApp then and there.
4. Ignore messages even without notifying the sender: This is one of the coolest tricks of WhatsApp. There can be times when we just want to read the message and not reply. To do this, one needs to go to Settings, followed by Account, Privacy and Read Receipts.
5. Inactivate the ‘Last Seen Time’: Keeping this active is almost the same as reading the message. To turn off the ‘Last Seen Time’, go to Settings> Account> Privacy> Last Seen, and then ditch it.
6. Mute conversations: There may be times when we do not one to engage ourselves in group chats or one-to-one conversations. For doing this, one needs to go to the particular group or person with whom he/she does not want to get engaged in a conversation. Click on the three dots on the right hand side and click on to ‘mute’. By doing this one can mute the chat as per their preferred time duration.
International Sushi Day: Learn how to make mouthwatering Sushi at home from this Mumbai chef!