Technology: How to make a video call through WhatsApp
Facebook-owned instant messaging service WhatsApp has finally rolled out the much anticipated video calling feature on Android, iOS and Windows platforms. Here are steps you can follow to use it...
- Open WhatsApp > Go to Contacts Tab > Find and tap Contact you want to
chat using video call, and tap the phone icon on the top of the screen. From the pop-up choose video call.
- Users can even tap the chat windows twice to video call instead of tapping on the phone icon.
- The phone can be rotated in landscape or portrait mode for a fullscreen video.
- Multitasking is possible during video calls, tap the message icon below and the video interface will run the background.
- Users can message anyone on WhatsApp while the video runs.
- Switching between front and rear camera by taping the camera icon on the left is also possible.
- The video call can also be muted with the Mic icon on the right.
- The WhatsApp video calls are also secured through end-to-end encryption.
- The UI for WhatsApp video call differs slightly in comparison to Android, despite this the features are more or less the same.
Note: For WhatsApp video calling to work, both parties should be running a beta build that supports the feature. Users may also be prompted to give feedback once the call is over.
Microsoft introduces guest accounts for Skype
Following WhatsApp's implementation of video calls, Microsoft announced the guest accounts for Skype, eliminating the registration requirement.
Users can go to Skype.com and add their name after tap starting a conversation, after which they will be provided with a unique conversation like, which they can share with their contacts. This can be done individually or in a group, via e-mail or social networks like Facebook, Twitter. After this, once the link is clicked they'll be able join the conversation immediately and can also join as a Guest if they are using Skype for Web.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe