When neon suits your mood
As Malaika Arora nails the busy printed suit and neon shoes look, we tell you how you can pull off your own version of this unique combination.
- Stick to two contrasting shades when you pick a busy monochrome suit; these shouldn’t look confusing or messy.
- Opt for a pair of heels or sleek pumps in a neon variant that isn’t too similar to any print, shade or design on the suit. If it’s a black-and-white combination, don’t wear a silver or grey option.
- The cut of the two-piece is crucial. Padded shoulders or a style that gives the same illusion works best, especially when paired with tapering pants. This helps prevent you from looking too formal, which takes away from the look.
- Wear an accessory from the same family of colours inside — a silk turtleneck will look great.
- Be generous with your kajal.
- Sombre plaids are best for a formal event. Use a thin belt to cinch it.
- Add a dash of colour by sporting a solid neon hat or cap depending on the occasion. Even a beanie works.
- Pair this with nude shoes or even ones with the same pattern as the suit.
When boots are bae
- If you wish to flaunt many shades, go for a design with minute symmetrical elements.
- Keep with seasonal changes, and wear a cool pair of bright boots with buckles.
- You can even choose a power cape suit, which would complement the bad-ass vibe the boots offer.
Catch up on all the latest Mumbai news, crime news, current affairs, and also a complete guide on Mumbai from food to things to do and events across the city here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe