shot-button
Home > Entertainment News > Bollywood News > Article > Anubhav Sinha keen on making RaOne 2 Have to check Shah Rukh Khans availability

Anubhav Sinha keen on making Ra.One 2: 'Have to check Shah Rukh Khan's availability'

Updated on: 17 February,2026 04:46 PM IST  |  Mumbai
mid-day online correspondent |

Anubhav Sinha has expressed interest in making Ra.One 2, but says the sequel depends on Shah Rukh Khan’s availability. The filmmaker called it a long-term commitment requiring two to three years

Anubhav Sinha keen on making Ra.One 2: 'Have to check Shah Rukh Khan's availability'

Shah Rukh Khan in Ra.One

Listen to this article
Anubhav Sinha keen on making Ra.One 2: 'Have to check Shah Rukh Khan's availability'
x
00:00

Back in 2011, the Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Ra.One was considered an experimental film. Superhero movies were not common in Indian cinema at the time, but Sinha went ahead with the ambitious project, and Khan placed complete faith in it. The film combined advanced VFX, gaming culture, and Indian family drama. However, it did not receive the desired box office response upon release. Despite underperforming commercially, the film’s scenes and music remain memorable even today.

Anubhav Sinha on Ra.One sequel


In a recent interview with Prabhat Khabar, Sinha was asked about the possibility of a sequel. He said he is keen to make Ra.One 2, but it would require a long commitment of two to three years."Ra One 2 ka ye hai... mera bhi bada mann hai... Ra One 2 ko banane me lagenge 2-3 saal. 2-3 saal ki lambi shaadi hai wo. To main zara, thoda sa khaali ho jau. Phir sochta hu ki wo teen saal tab main zindagi me lagana chahta hu aur uss wakt Khan sahab available hai ki nahi hai. Kyuki Khan sabah bhi to lage hue hai ek ke baad ek, ek ke baad ek. (I wish to make Ra One 2. Unfortunately, it would take 2 to 3 years to make the film. It is a long commitment. So when I get a little bit freer, then I would start thinking about it. I would also have to see if Shah Rukh Khan is available or not. Since he is also jumping from one project to another non-stop.)”



What Shah Rukh Khan said about Ra.One sequel?

Meanwhile, on his 60th birthday last year, Shah Rukh Khan also hinted at a possible sequel during a fan interaction on November 2 in Mumbai. He shared that the film was very close to his heart and praised Sinha’s hard work. The actor said he had hoped the film would start a new trend in VFX-driven cinema.

He added that while the film performed well, today’s tech-savvy audience might connect with its themes even better. Shah Rukh also expressed his willingness to return as G.One if Sinha decides to make the sequel, saying that the project can only be revived by its original creator. "Maybe people didn’t fully relate to PlayStation, video games or iPads back then. Now everyone has a smartphone. Today, it would probably be more acceptable. So yes, if Anubhav ever decides to… because he’s the one who made it, and only he can make it again. We worked really hard on it. And God willing, if the time ever feels right, we might do it again. It’s easier now anyway."

"Exciting news! Mid-day is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest news!" Click here!

Did you find this article helpful?

Yes
No

Help us improve further by providing more detailed feedback and stand a chance to win a 3-month e-paper subscription! Click Here

Note: Winners will be selected via a lucky draw.

Help us improve further by providing more detailed feedback and stand a chance to win a 3-month e-paper subscription! Click Here

Note: Winners will be selected via a lucky draw.

Shah Rukh Khan anubhav sinha bollywood bollywood news Entertainment News Entertainment

Mid-Day Web Stories

Mid-Day Web Stories

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK