Subscription Subscription
Home > Mumbai > Mumbai News > Article > Maharashtra Fire breaks out at high rise in Navi Mumbai no casualties

Maharashtra: Fire breaks out at high-rise in Navi Mumbai, no casualties

Updated on: 14 May,2024 10:18 PM IST  |  Thane
mid-day online correspondent |

No one was injured in the incident, the officials said

Maharashtra: Fire breaks out at high-rise in Navi Mumbai, no casualties

Representational Pic/File

Listen to this article
Maharashtra: Fire breaks out at high-rise in Navi Mumbai, no casualties

A fire broke out at a high-rise building in Kharghar area of Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra on Tuesday evening, the officials said, reported the PTI.

No one was injured in the incident, an official said.

The fire started inside a flat on the 14th floor of 'Chaturbhuj' building situated near Shilp Chowk around 6.45 pm, according to the PTI.

Three vehicles of the Kharghar Fire Brigade and one from Kalamboli were rushed to the spot and the flames were extinguished after more than two hours, the civic official said.

While there were no reports of anyone getting injured, the cause of the fire was being ascertained, he said.

16 bikes, shop gutted after power transformer catches fire in Thane

Meanwhile, a shop and 16 bikes were reportedly gutted after a power transformer caught fire near a railway station in Maharashtra's Thane district on Tuesday morning, a civic official said, reported the PTI.

According to the news agency, a power transformer near Badlapur railway station caught fire around 6.30 am, said Bhagwat Sonanwane, chief fire officer of the Kulgaon-Badlapur fire station.

Local firefighters rushed to the scene, and the blaze was put out within an hour, he said.

No one was injured in the incident, but a shop and 16 motorcycles parked in the area were gutted, the official said.

Preliminary reports suggest that the fire was a result of a short circuit, he said, as per the PTI.

In an another incident, a major fire broke out at a chemical godown in Thane district, a civic official said, reported news agency PTI.

No person was injured in the blaze which erupted at around 3 am at the godown located in Mankoli area of Bhiwandi, Thane Municipal Corporation's disaster management cell chief Yasin Tadvi said, reported PTI.

The entire chemical godown in Thane district collapsed due to the fire, he said.

The area was filled with a foul smell as chemicals kept in the warehouse got burnt, as per locals.

A fire engine each was sent from the Bhiwandi Nizampur Municipal Corporation, Kalyan-Dombivli civic body and Thane to the spot and the blaze was brought under control by around 9.30 am, the official said, reported PTI.

(with PTI inputs)

"Exciting news! Mid-day is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest news!" Click here!

Register for FREE
to continue reading !

This is not a paywall.
However, your registration helps us understand your preferences better and enables us to provide insightful and credible journalism for all our readers.

Mid-Day Web Stories

Mid-Day Web Stories

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK