×

Subcribe to Mid-day Gold with just Rs. 899 /Year

Home > Mumbai > Mumbai News > Article > Major fire at set of Balaji Telefilms Yeh Hai Mohabbatein in Chandivli

Major fire at set of Balaji Telefilms' 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' in Chandivli

Updated on: 25 October,2014 03:14 PM IST  | 
Pooja Kalwar |

TV serial's set gutted. Eight engines and four water tankers called in. It took 3 hours to douse the fire that occured at 9:30 pm. Electrical wiring, equipment damaged in the blaze

Major fire at set of Balaji Telefilms' 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein' in Chandivli

Balaji Telefilms, Balaji studio fire, Ekta Kapoor, Chandivali, Mumbai news, major fire, Mumbai Fire Brigade, 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein'


A major fire broke out at a Chandivli studio on Friday night. The blaze, which started at 9.30 pm, engulfed the set of Balaji Telefilms’ serial Yeh Hai Mohabbatein. It spread on the ground and first floors within 15 minutes and it took firefighters three hours to douse the flames. No casualties were reported.


Mumbai: Major fire breaks out at studio of Balaji Telefilms in Chandivali
Members of the Mumbai Fire Brigade arrive at the scene. Pics/Prashant Waydande



Mumbai: Major fire breaks out at studio of Balaji Telefilms in Chandivali
Firefighters attempting to form a strategy to control the fire


Fire officials from Marol fire station rushed to the spot at 9.40 pm to douse the fire. As the complete set had caught fire within a short span of time, fire brigade officials had to call eight fire engines and four water tankers.

Mumbai: Major fire breaks out at studio of Balaji Telefilms in Chandivali
A firefighter tries to extinguish the fire

Mumbai: Major fire breaks out at studio of Balaji Telefilms in Chandivali
Locals were seen helping the firefighters, which helped speed-up the process of fire control

Mumbai: Major fire breaks out at studio of Balaji Telefilms in Chandivali
Mohammad Arif (Naseem) Khan addressing locals and mediapersons

A fire official said, on condition of anonymity, “The electrical wiring and equipments were damaged. Even the editing room, light and sound systems, furniture and clothes had caught fire. The fire came under control by 12.20 am and finally we managed to douse it by 1 am.”


This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK