All of them were shifted to a hospital, where 35 were discharged post treatment, while one has been kept under observation, said an official
Image used for representational purpose. Pic/iStock
Thirty-six students in Sangli in Maharashtra on Friday fell ill due to suspected food poisoning, an official said.
All of them were shifted to a hospital, where 35 were discharged post treatment, while one has been kept under observation, he said.
The incident took place in Wanlesswadi High School after the children, from Classes V and VII, had rice and dal prepared at a central kitchen run by a self-help group, he said.
Also read: Nagpur: 17 students suffer food poisoning after eating chocolates; cops launch probe
"After having the mid-day meal, 36 students complained of stomach ache and nausea, and many of them vomited. One child is still hospitalised for stomach pain. Saline has been administered to him and his condition is stable," Mohan Gaikwad, the education officer (primary section) said.
"Food samples from the school and the central kitchen have been sent to a lab for tests. A three-member committee has been formed to probe the matter," Gaikwad added.
This story has been sourced from a third party syndicated feed, agencies. Mid-day accepts no responsibility or liability for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and data of the text. Mid-day management/mid-day.com reserves the sole right to alter, delete or remove (without notice) the content in its absolute discretion for any reason whatsoever.