Lizard in palak paneer makes five violently ill: Five members of a family fell violently ill while attending a wake for their deceased grandfather after they found a dead lizard in the palak paneer they were eating for lunch. Two of the victims were children, aged 4 and 1. The five are admitted in Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital and are now stable
130 students served curry with lizard at Chembur hostel: Rahul Jambhulkar's eagle eye averted a major disaster at a government-run boys' hostel in Chembur. The first-year mechanical engineering student, residing at Sant Eknath Boys Government Hostel, spotted a lizard in his lunch after taking a few morsels of it. He immediately raised an alarm and stopped others from consuming the meal. The hostel, run by the social welfare department of the state government, houses around 130 reserved category students from rural Maharashtra. "On Sundays, we are served non-vegetarian lunch. It was chicken gravy this time. I reached the mess right when lunch was being served because I wanted to get back to studying for my exams quickly. I picked up a plate, sat at a table and took a few morsels of the food. That's when I spotted a lizard in the chicken gravy," said Jambhulkar, a student of Bharati Vidyapeeth
Kokilaben Hospital serves worm in salad to dengue patient: Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital in Andheri allegedly served a salad with worms to a patient, it was reported in September 2016. Anoll Merchant (37), a Juhu resident and financial advisor, said he admitted his parents at the hospital for dengue treatment from September 3-11. During the stay, one of his parents was allegedly served a salad with worms. Merchant immediately raised the issue with the administrative head of the facility, Ram Acharya. "He told me not to complain, saying he would lose his job. The staff and the cook said the same thing. But enough is enough! We come here to get the best service. This is not the treatment we deserve," he fumed. Merchant's anger stems from a similar nasty experience in 2015 when during his wife Neha's treatment for a tear in a tissue between the thigh and the shinbone, she was allegedly given a jar of soup with tin foil in it
Man orders wrap from fast food joint, finds plastic cap inside: In August 2016, Faasos left one of its regular customers with a bad taste in the mouth after he discovered an unexpected ingredient in his wrap -- a plastic cap. To cap it all, the fast food chain chose not to respond to his emailed complaint, and instead called and offered to give him two free meals. At lunchtime in his Parel office, Kewal Doshi and his colleagues decided to order rolls from Faasos, as they often did. He never imagined that the Rs 100 egg wrap would threaten his very life. "We all regularly order from the branch in Parel. On Monday, I ordered an egg wrap, but after two bites, I felt a hard object in my mouth. When I spat it out, I was surprised to see the plastic cap. It could have proved deadly had I gulped it down," said Doshi, further adding, "This kind of negligence, that too by such a well-known eatery, is unacceptable."
Man served cockroach in meal on flight: In July 2016, Jet Airways' breakfast platter served to business class flier Birju Salla had a variety of dishes -- paratha, croissant, fruits and, last but not the least, chana masala with cooked cockroach. A vegetarian, Salla claimed that he immediately fell sick but the flight crew instead of offering him medical help, just apologised and offered to replace his food. Salla (35), a Peddar Road resident, had boarded the airline's flight 9W 7129 from Mumbai to Rajkot for a business trip. But on reaching Rajkot, he was not able to work due to an immense stomachache. "I have never seen such an act of gross negligence from an airline crew. All they could offer was a replacement meal. Pathetic!" said Salla. "I had to eventually consult my Mumbai doctor over the phone and he prescribed medicines."
Posh club's restaurant serves dead fly in spinach soup: In July 2015, the daughter of a member of National Sports Complex of India, Worli, was having spinach soup at one of the restaurants in the club. She found a dead fly in it and soon began vomiting. Membership of the club costs between Rs 35 lakh and Rs 50 lakh. A Facebook post by one of the members, who did not wish to be named, read, "Last night, around 10 pm, I was called upon by a member to look into an incident relating to the food served at Round The Corner (RTC). You will be shocked to know that his daughter was disgusted to find a dead fly in the soup, which she had half consumed. She was so nauseated that she started vomiting. I immediately called upon the catering supervisor since none of the catering bigwigs were around, as usual. The supervisor admitted to catering staff negligence and promised to nullify the aggrieved member's bill."
Man finds flies in bread, Wibs owner gobbles evidence: In August 2015, when a Vashi resident found dead flies in a packet of bread and complained to the company, he never imagined that the proprietors would turn up at his doorstep and gulp down the evidence bread, flies, packet and all. But this is exactly what happened, alleged Ajay Bhanushali (42), who had bought three packets of Wibs bread from a local store. His family was halfway through one of the packets, when they discovered four to five dead houseflies nestled under the remaining slices
Woman finds roll of sticky tape in salad wrap: In May 2014, Deepali Sathe, a graphic designer was shocked after she discovered a roll of adhesive tape inside her salad wrap that she had ordered from the world's largest fast food chain McDonald's. Sathe, with her family and friends, was returning from a two-day vacation in Lonavla. While coming back, they decided to get takeaway food from the eatery. "As I was eating the wrap, I felt that I couldn't take a bite. I checked to see what was wrong and found a complete roll of tape in the wrap. Thankfully, none of the seven kids ate it,"ÂÂÂ she had said
NRI finds nail in burger: In August 2012, Ruchika Pandey discovered a half-inch nail while chomping on a burger at a McDonald's outlet in Malad (W). The Dubai resident filed a police complaint. Ruchika was at the Infiniti mall eatery with two friends in tow. "We had ordered three chicken burgers. It was a scary sight when the nail emerged out of my burger. I immediately called the staff and informed them about it," she had said
Live rat found in bread basket: In June 2017, an HR professional and her brother were at the popular restaurant in Pali Hill and were served a complimentary bread basket. The bread was served in a sac-like container and Amrita's brother helped himself to a small piece of the bread stick when they noticed something moving inside the container. My brother had a portion of the bread stick. Suddenly, I noticed that something was moving inside the bag. When her brother didn't believe her, Shivkumar poked the bag and they both noticed movement inside. "I freaked out and called the waiter who came over and took the bag. I told my brother that there was a rat inside it. It couldn't be anything else that would move inside like that," said Shivkumar. Within a few minutes of this incident occurring, the restaurant manager came up to her and apologized, admitting to the fact that there was, in fact, a rat inside the bag.
A family of eight became violently ill after they found a lizard in breakfast. We take a look at some shocking instances of 'uneatable' food being served