Mumbai fire: Short-circuit may have caused blaze in Parel high-rise

Aug 23, 2018, 12:00 IST

A fire broke out in a posh residential building in Parel area, a neighbourhood in Mumbai, on Wednesday morning at around 8.30 am. The blaze was confined to the wiring in the electric duct in the lift lobby, lift shafts and corridors from the 12th storey to the 16th. Only on the 12th floor were all the apartments gutted. The building had no Occupancy Certificate (OC), and no fire audit had been carried out there either. Short-circuit in a flat on the 12th floor may have caused the fire in the high-rise. Four people were killed in the tragic incident, and 22 others, including four firemen, were injured

 

DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this video.

 

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK