1. Lalu Prasad Yadav was the youngest member of the Parliament of his times. He was only 29 when he was elected to the Lower House in 1977.
2. During his college days, he was elected as the President of Patna university Students Union (PUSU) in 1973 and the General secretary in the year 1970.
3. It's an interesting fact that Lalu Prasad whom most people consider less educated, did his MA in Political Science followed by LLB.
4. According to the book 'the making of Lalu Yadav; the unmaking of the Bihar' author Sankarshan Thakur said Lalu Prasad Yadav used to hold courts under a tree, which no other CM did.
5. Lalu Prasad Yadav also appeared on the big screen as he made a guest appearance in a movie called 'Padmashree Lalu Prasad Yadav'.
6. The actual age of Lalu Prasad Yadav will always be a mystery, since he himself is not sure about his date of birth and follows the information in his educational documents.
7. As the Chief Minister of Bihar, he got LK Advani arrested on September 23, 1990 during the Rath Yatra to Ayodhya for the Ram Mandir movement and consolidated the Muslim vote bank.
8. While 'Rabri Devi is his wife, the names of his sister-in-laws are Jalebi, Raasgulla and Paan.
9. The torchbearer of JP movement, Jaipraskash Narayan, himself named Lalu Prasad's younger daughter Misa Bharti.
10. Lalu Prasad was convicted in the fodder scam worth Rs over 900 crore. Later, the court found RJD president guilty and debarred him from contesting polls.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Flashback: When bikini babes set a new world record in Australia