Ballia: Eleven children were taken ill after consuming Jatropha fruit at Semari village in Bheempura area.
The children, aged between four to 10 years, were taken ill after consuming Jatropha fruit last evening and were admitted to a government hospital, they said.
Jatropha contains several toxic compounds and its seeds carrying the highly poisonous toxalbumin curcin, a lectin dimer and carcinogenic phorbol.
Photos: Shraddha Kapoor, Kim Sharma at 'Haseena Parkar' screening
Mumbai to Goa train: First look at the glass-top Vistadome coach
Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa keeps it short and sexy on social media
Photos: Narendra Modi, others at Marshal Arjan Singh's funeral
Photos: Sussanne Khan and Nimrat Kaur spotted at a spa in Juhu