Bhiwandi fire: Police register case of negligence against three people
After the fire that engulfed more than 200 residence of Rahat Manzil in Bhiwandi who were stuck on the terrace. The Shanti nagar police have register a case of negligence against three people
After the fire that engulfed more than 200 residence of Rahat Manzil in Bhiwandi who were stuck on the terrace, the Shanti nagar police have register a case of negligence against three people.
According to the police the case is been registered against three people that includes Saeedulla Ehsaanula Ansari, Waheedulla Eshaanula Ansari and Waseeula Eshaanula Ansari. "We have registered a case against the three people who are the landlords and owner of the powerloom for the negligence that lead to the fire. Among the three we have arrested Saeedulla Ansari 48 and Waheedulla Ansari 56. Both of them were produced in court and released on bail. The third accused was under a medical treatmemt so we are yet to arrested him," said RD. Shinde, Senior Police Inspector, Shanti nagar police station
A case has been registered at Shanti Nagar police station under section 283, 285, 336, 337, 338, 427 and 34 of the Indian Penal Code.
Shinde further added, "We have booked them as they kept huge quantity of clothes on the first and ground floor that lead to fire and also there was no space for residents to move out if the building. The fire also resulted in a lot of smoke due to which a woman Shakeela Ansari got suffocated and fell unconscious. Many others were also suffocated."
Residents, however claim that they are homeless. Asrar Ansari 32, who owns three flats in the same building told mid-day that after the fire they are now homeless. "We are homeless after the fire and now the corporation have asked us move in the completely messy flat. How can we move there? Isnt it dangerous. We are tax payers and the authorities should do something."
Nasir Ansari, another residence informed that the place has electricity. "There is no electricity and water in the building. How can we shift?" questioned Ansari.
Balaji Khatdaonkar, Municipal Commissioner, Bhiwandi-Nizampura Municipal Corporation said, "The ground floor and the first floor was affected by the fire. The third, fourth and fifth floor are safe. So we asked the residence to move to their residence. We are doing all that is possible to help the residents right from providing food to other requests" added Khatdaonkar.