Next

Caitlyn Jenner may face manslaughter charge in Malibu accident

Los Angeles: Reality television star Caitlyn Jenner could be charged with manslaughter following her car accident in Malibu earlier this year, which left one dead.

Caitlyn Jenner
Caitlyn Jenner

Detectives have completed their six-month investigation and are set to present evidence to the prosecution that could lead to a misdemeanour manslaughter charge against the 65-year-old “I Am Cait” star, reported Variety.

“The case will be submitted to the district attorney next week,” said Lieutenant Shaun Mathers of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. As there is “nothing really egregious” in the case, Detective Richard Curry of the Sheriff’s Department said there is a “50-50” chance that she will be charged.

A misdemeanour manslaughter charge usually carries a one-year county jail sentence. Jenner was driving down Pacific Coast Highway on February 7 at an unsafe speed when her Escalade hit another vehicle, causing a chain-reaction crash, authorities said. Curry charged that Jenner’s violation of the vehicular manslaughter law ultimately led to a death. The accident occurred months before Jenner’s gender transition, who was formerly known as Bruce.

If Jenner is charged, her E! docu-series “I Am Cait” will not be affected, as the first season has wrapped production, with the finale set to air on September 13.

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply