London: A ‘psychic’ couple in northeast London failed to see this one coming: their crystal ball setting their house on fire.
The glass ornament was deemed responsible for setting the Romford house alight, after it was exposed to direct sunlight.
The metropolitan fire brigade arrived at the house to discover the couple attempting to douse the fire with a garden hose and wet towels.
The blaze was the direct result of the pair’s lack of foresight, the spokesman said. “You can’t predict the future, but you can prevent this type of fire by keeping glass ornaments, mirrors, and bottles away from sunny window sills,” Fire Investigation Officer Mick Boyle said.
“That smoke alarm saved his life — he could easily have slept through and been overcome by smoke.”
The sunlight falling on the orb had been focused on the curtains — sparking the base which destroyed their bedroom.
The London Fire Brigade says the man was asleep in the room after working a night shift.
'Look' how the Sheena Bora case has taken a toll on Indrani Mukerjea
Photos: Katrina Kaif, Parineeti Chopra, Shilpa Shetty's movie outing in Juhu
Birthday special: 14 Bollywood actors who made it big on TV
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Poonam Pandey, Sana Khan at fashion event
Photos: Rishi Kapoor, wife Neetu, daughter Riddhima at book launch