Fire audit was done before Make In India function in Mumbai: Event manager

Wizcraft, the organisers of mega events, Monday claimed that a complete fire audit, including all safety checks of the main stage of the 'Make In India Week' cultural extravaganza, was carried out before was gutted in a huge fire.

"Prior to the event, all safety checks and audits were done during rehearsals and prior to the show. All fire and safety norms prescribed have been followed," Wizcraft said in a statement on Monday.

Wizcraft said that the detailed planning, both with regard to smooth execution of the event and disaster management in case of an unfortunate incident, ensured that there were no casualties and injuries in the fire which reduced the stage to ashes on Sunday night.

The statement said that as soon as the fire broke out - around 8.15 p.m. - the audience comprising many VVIPs, performers, and technical crew were evacuated to safe zones inside and outside the venue at Girgaum Chowpatty beach.

Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis termed the incident as "unfortunate" and said a comprehensive probe will be ordered and those responsible for it would face action.

The fire broke out during a performance of Maharashtra's Lavani folk dance, the BrihanMumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) Disaster Control said.

The blaze, which was first seen below the main performance stage, was controlled in about an hour and fully doused within two hours.

Unaware that the smoke emanating on the stage was real and not a "special effect", the dancing troupe continued to dance till they were alerted by waiting police and audiences.

Maharashtra Governor C.V. Rao, Chief Minister Fadnavis and his wife Amruta, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray and his wife Rashmi Thackeray, actors Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan, Hema Malini, Katrina Kaif, Vivek Oberoi, Isha Koppikar and Shreyas Talpade, ministers, parliamentarians, legislators, and many other prominent personalities witnessing the performance were shifted to safer places.

The BMC said the fire could have been caused by an electrical short-circuiting.

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply