New Delhi: Extending support over the transfer of arrested underworld don Chhota Rajan case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju on Friday said it was a 'good' move that will surely help in 'cracking' the cases against the don.
However, he remained tight lipped over the impending procedures that will be followed in Rajan's case saying it won't be a 'wise' move.
'We should not discuss much about the procedure because he is already here. There is a standard procedure to go ahead with the case and I don't think it would be wise to discuss about it now. Its better that all the cases have been transferred to the CBI and its good that one agency is handling the issue as it will help in cracking the case,' Rijiju told the reporters in New Delhi.
Chhota Rajan landed in the national capital amid tight security today morning after being deported from Bali from where he was taken straight to the CBI Headquarters.
Rajan will be quizzed by the CBI in order to nail India's most wanted terrorist Dawood Ibrahim, since he has been making explosive claims to know the latter's whereabouts and has shown an express desire to 'fight against terrorism'.
The 55-year-old gangster was taken into custody by the CBI after the Maharashtra Government made a surprise announcement yesterday that the entire case related to Rajan will be handled by the CBI and the state government would extend all help to the leading investigating agency, confirming that the gangster would be taken to the national capital and not to Mumbai.
Rajan had earlier expressed his unease at being taken to Mumbai, saying he was in danger from Dawood and his aides and had also alleged that some officials in the Mumbai police are working with India's most wanted terrorist.
However, the transfer of Rajan's case to the CBI has reportedly miffed the Mumbai Police as former top cops have dubbed the shifting of the case as an insult to the capabilities of the state Police.