Major fire at Odisha hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; babies safe

Cuttack: A major fire broke out at the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) of the Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Post Graduate Institute of Paediatrics (Sishu Bhavan), but no casulty was reported.

"All the 22 newborns at the NICU are safe and have been shifted to other place," said Cuttack Collector N C Mishra who reached the 'Sishu Bhavan' minutes after the incident.

However, there was major damage to the medical equipment and other infrastructure of the NICU, he said.

Fire tenders were enaged to douse the fire. The hospital staff along with the attendants of patients shifted the babies to a safe place.

Mishra directed the District Technical Committee to investigate the incident and submit the probe report within seven days.

On October 16, a boy was killed in a major fire at the third floor of the new building of the Acharya Harihar Regional Cancer Research Centre (AHRCRC) here.

You May Like



    Leave a Reply