Mumbaikars travelling on the western line had to suffer during evening peak hour on Monday as trains came to a halt for over 45 minutes after two men were electrocuted after coming in contact with an overhead wire
Trains on Mumbai's Western line came to a halt for over 45 minutes in Monday evening after two unidentified men were electrocuted after coming in contact with an overhead wire.
Both the men, who sustained severe burn injuries and were rushed to Cooper Hospital, were sitting atop a compartment.
While Dinesh Janarpa Palande (22), is critical having suffered 90% burns, while Gundappa Nagappa Palande (18), was severely injured, according to the GRP police. The incident, which took place at around 7.48 pm led to trains on western line bring brought to a halt and the chockablock was cleared only at 8.25pm.
The incident took place on platform 2, when a Churchgate-Borivali local was about to leave.
According to the information provided by GRP police of Vile Parle, Dinesh and Palande, both BMC contractors from Byculla, came in contact with the overhead wire and collapsed on the spot.
'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
Photos: Huma Qureshi, Neha Dhupia and other celebs at MAMI
Flashback: When sexy models sizzled in bikinis at Tokyo fashion show
Photos: Amy Jackson, Daisy Shah at Mumbai airport
Photos: Sridevi, Irrfan and other celebs at 'Mughal-e-Azam' screening