To avoid cops who were chasing him, history-sheeter jumped into the Mithi River; police nabbed him after following wet footprints back to his hiding place in Marol
A chain snatcher, who jumped into Mithi River to escape getting caught, was nabbed after his wet footprints led the cops to his hiding place.
Police followed the trail through the streets of Marol and nabbed Sadak Shahjaman Sayyad from his hideout
The soaking wet thief had sneaked along the streets of Marol, not realising he was leaving clues every step of the way.
1. Four teenagers on two bikes moving about suspiciously on the streets of Marol attract the attention of a patrolling police jeep
Officers spent an hour following the trail and he was tracked down to a building in Bamanwadi, next to the river.
2. Cops call for backup and one of the bike-borne police constables spots the riders and rams his two-wheeler into one of the bikes, knocking the duo on the floor.
The thief has been identified as Ambivli resident Sadak Shahjaman Sayyad (19) and is now cooling his heels in the police lock-up. The incident took place on Tuesday afternoon.
3. The pillion rider hitches a ride on the other bike, while the rider jumps into the Mithi River to avoid getting caught
“Sayyad has cases registered against him at Mahatma Phule and Kalachowkie police station.
4. Not giving up the chase, the cops began following a trail of wet footprints that led them to a building in the vicinity of the river
We are trying to get details of his accomplices,” said an officer from Powai police station. The accused has been booked under section 392 (robbery) of the Indian Penal Code.
5. A security guard informs the cops about a drenched man. The cops follow the trail that comes to a stop on the third floor of building and nab the soaking wet thief