Mumbai: Cylinder blast at Malwani leaves two injured
A gas cylinder burst at Old Collector Compound at Malvani in Malad on Wednesday afternoon seriously injuring two people
A gas cylinder burst at Old Collector Compound at Malwani in Malad on Wednesday afternoon seriously injuring two people.
The incident happened occurred due to short circuit in Plot No 11, Room No. 33, Old Collector Compound, Malwani around 12 noon. The persons injured were identified as Sahir Ansari (21) student and Aejaz Ahmed Shaikh (28), a fabrication workman.
Tanveer Shaikh a BPO executive said, “Sahir Ansari (21), is a student of Nirmal College in his final year of graduation and Aejaz Ahmed Shaikh (28), a fabrication workman were seriously injured in Malwani incident. Both were immediately admitted to Atlantic Hospital at Marve Road. As there was a short circuit, both were trying to extinguish the fire by shifting the cement sheet but in the meanwhile, the gas cylinder burst and both suffered injuries."
The Fire Brigade and police doused the fire with the help of locals.
According to a source, "The incident occurred in a double storeyed room. Abdul Samad is the owner of said room who resides on the ground floor with his 12 year old daughter. Abdul was in his office when the accident toook place. His tenant who stayed at the said room is Nadeem Sheikh (35) who resides with his wife Shabana and 2 daughters aged 4 and 6 years. Fortunately Shabana was not present in the home as she had kept both her kids at her relative home and had gone for sewing classes.
Assistant Fire Officer U. Y. Bobade said, “There were two cylinders of Job Hart Gas Company. One was attached to Burner and othet was kept in bedroom. The bedroom cylinder burst. Three Water Tanker and two fire engine were immediately summoned. Primary investigation shows fire occurred due to short circuit but exact reason will be ascertained after proper investigation."
The Malwani police said, "We have registered a case of negligence and we are investigating the matter."