Nashik: 8-month-old boy dies after swallowing balloon

Aug 11, 2017, 12:55 IST | PTI

An eight-month-old boy died of suffocation after swallowing a rubber balloon in Nashik, a police official said on Friday

Nashik: 8-month-old boy dies after swallowing balloon

Representational picture

Nashik: An eight-month-old boy died of suffocation after swallowing a rubber balloon in Nashik, a police official said on Friday.

The infant was playing in his house at Hanuman Nagar in the city's Cidco locality yesterday when he picked up the balloon lying on the floor and swallowed it, an official at Ambad police station said.

The child started choking following which his parents rushed him to a private hospital. The authorities there suggested the boy's father to shift him to the civil hospital where doctors declared him dead, he said.

After the child swallowed the balloon, it slipped into his wind pipe and he died of suffocation, Dr Anand Pawar, the medical officer of Nashik civil hospital, said.

The Ambad police registered a case of accidental death, the police official said. The child's father hails from Allahabad in Uttar
Pradesh. He worked as a labourer in Nashik where he was staying with his family, he added.

Trending Videos

Watch Video: Youngsters fall to their death at Amboli Ghat

 

Download the new mid-day android app to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go https://goo.gl/8Xlcvr

Go to top