New Delhi: The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) on Wednesday said that there were no reports of any Indian among the casualties in the attack on Istanbul's Ataturk Airport on Tuesday evening that killed 36 people and injured over 145 others.
MEA spokesperson Vikas Swarup said that the Indian Consulate and Embassy tweeted the emergency contact numbers for Indians requiring assistance.
"No report so far of any Indian among the casualties. Consulate has been in touch with Istanbul Governorate and the Turkish Health Ministry hotline desk," an official statement said.
"Turkish Air flights to Delhi and Mumbai departed Istanbul last (Tuesday) night as scheduled. Both left Istanbul at around 8 p.m. Ataturk Airport operations have resumed but long delays are likely," the statement added.
The attack was carried out by three suicide bombers.
Photos: Malaika Arora Khan in Bandra
Photos: Arjun Kapoor, Radhika Apte, Neha Dhupia at Mumbai airport
Photos: Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, other celebs at MAMI
Photos: Bipasha Basu, Preity Zinta, other actresses celebrate Karva Chauth
'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' boys Ranbir, Karan on 'Comedy Nights Bachao'