Nawada: A helper of a commercial transport vehicle was electrocuted today in Nawada district of Bihar while trying to remove a high-tension electric supply line that had entangled in the vehicle.
Police officials said the incident happened on Rajauli - Gaya route near Tilaiya village of the district. The transport vehicle was carrying two brand new 'Haiwa' containers, generally used in carrying stone chips and minerals.
Sirdala Station House Officer (SHO) Ranjan Kumar said "The vehicle came in contact of a high-tension power line and
the containers caught fire. The driver's helper tried to disentangle the electricity line and was electrocuted."
The containers also caught fire and were completely charred. The police has sent the body for postmortem.
'Look' how the Sheena Bora case has taken a toll on Indrani Mukerjea
Photos: Katrina Kaif, Parineeti Chopra, Shilpa Shetty's movie outing in Juhu
Birthday special: 14 Bollywood actors who made it big on TV
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Poonam Pandey, Sana Khan at fashion event
Photos: Rishi Kapoor, wife Neetu, daughter Riddhima at book launch