From the start to the finish, it’s all about being together and finishing together. The trail will provide you with plenty of challenging and dynamic experiences which can make Trailwalker an experience to cherish or a journey you rather forget.
Remember, that you may decide to go on your own but the timing at the Finish Point counts only when the last member comes in. We also give higher rank to teams who finish the challenge as a full team than to teams with missing members.
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind to make a focused and planned effort at team building.
1) Practice and train together as much as possible. It will help all team members understand each other’s personalities, strengths and weaknesses. This will work towards building a cohesive team where individual weaknesses can be over ridden by a full team’s strengths.
2) Be clear on the team’s goals and what you want to achieve. You might want to finish the challenge in 32 hours or just finish the 100km together as team. All four members should know, understand and accept the team’s goal.
3) Before setting tasks for the challenge, understand and identify each member’s skills set. Break down these tasks accordingly and give responsibilities to members who are capable of completing these tasks. Give support to that member as and when required.
4) Even if you prepare well in advance, things may go differently while on the trail like sudden change of weather or injury. Take decisions together and rely heavily on team consensus. Go ahead only when all members have agreed and understood a decision.
5) Be aware of interpersonal issues and deal with them in full.
6) Have fun. Celebrate together. Whether it’s completing a planned training schedule or achieving a fund raising target, go out, involve friends and celebrate together.
Photos: Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu promote 'Naam Shabana'
Flashback: When sexy models sizzled in bikinis at Tokyo fashion show
Photos: These Indian cities top the list in online purchase of sex products
In pictures: Indian-origin artistes in Hollywood
Photos: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt at studio in Bandra