Four days after he was allegedly abducted from KSB Chowk in Pimpri on Monday, the body of cable operator Kishor Dattatreya Zende (43) was found near Vishrantwadi yesterday.

Victim of apathy: Dattatreya , father of Kishor Zende, says his son was abducted from Vaibhav Complex in KCB Chowk. Pics/Mohan Patil 

Accusing the MIDC Bhosari police of refusing to register a case of abduction, family members of the deceased claimed that the police only filed a missing person’s complaint.

Kishor Zende

They even alleged that despite tracing Zende’s cellphone location, officials did not rush to spot, which could have saved him or, at least, helped nab the culprits.


A resident of Aashiyaana Complex in Shahunagar, Kishor had been operating a cable network in Pimpri for the last 17 years. He was married and has two children. Cops say Kishor was involved in a murder case in 2006.

His father, Dattatreya, who owns a motor driving school, said, “Around 10 pm on February 17, Kishor was at Uttam Market Shop at Vaibhav Complex in KSB Chowk on. He was about to leave for home when a white car stopped near the complex. The persons sitting inside the vehicle started brawling with a few locals. Kishor was just standing there. After a while, they began thrashing Kishor and then shoved him inside the car and drove off.”

He said the incident was witnessed by a few of Kishor’s friends, who then informed the family about his abduction.
“When we reached the police station to register a complaint, initially the officials asked us to file a ‘missing’ complaint. Also, though they traced his cellphone location near Charholi, they wasted a couple of hours. Had they immediately rushed to the spot, Kishor could have been saved, or, at least, the suspects could have been nabbed. But the police registered a case of kidnapping only on Tuesday around 12.30 pm,” Dattatreya said.

Kishor’s body was sent to Sassoon Hospital for autopsy yesterday afternoon. “Doctors told us that Kishor had suffered severe internal bleeding. The assailants had struck him on the head, shoulders and hands. But no external injuries were visible. His mobile phone, gold chains and rings — weighing 250 g in all — have been robbed,” said Kishor’s uncle Shyam Patil.