Realty factor

Vinod SampatQ. We are a group of members in minority. The Society is going for redevelopment. In spite of bonafide submissions being made by us, the Managing Committee is not taking into consideration our submissions. Please advise what should be our line of action?
A. First and foremost, you have to issue legal notice to the Builder and the Society calling upon them to give various information related to redevelopment, like, details or project cost, bar chart with regards to construction, opinion of professionals with regards to income tax liability, stamp duty liability, service tax liability, etc. You should ask information with regards to details of Building Completion Certificate obtained by the Builder, the details of sites visited by the Managing Committee Members.

The Developer appointed by the Society has already got video shooting done on the General Body Meeting, which was attended by the Officer of the Co-operative Department. The permission from the Co-operative Department with regards to redevelopment has already been obtained. Insist the height of our Flat is 11 Feet. The new construction should be made for similar height. This should be one of the points of your notice.

If satisfactory explanation is not being given to you, some members from your group should approach the Consumer Forum for deficiency of service and unfair trade practice. Some members should lodge complaint with the Divisional Jt. Registrar of Co-operative Societies challenging the permission for redevelopment given by the Office of the Dy. Registrar of Co-operative Societies. Some members should challenge the resolution passed by the Society at its General Body Meeting.

You can send in your questions to advocate Vinod Sampat with ‘Realty Factor’ in the subject. Send an email to and your queries may be answered right here.

    Leave a Reply