As news of Sajid Khan’s Himmatwala sinking without a trace at the box office came in, also came the buzz that industrywallas had decided to swim ashore for safety. While everyone is slowly but surely trying to maintain a safe distance from Sajid, it is Saif Ali Khan, who features in his next, who has decided to stand by him.
Despite the poor first-day collections of Himmatwala, Sajid had already announced his next project with Saif, Amitabh Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh. It led to the industry speculating if his actors would opt out of the project after his latest disaster.
Saif, who is currently shooting in Lucknow for Tigmanshu Dhulia’s Bullet Raja, says, “It would be spineless on my part to leave the film just because of one Friday. Sajid always said that he was making a film set in the ’80s and that’s exactly what it was.”
The actor feels that hits and flops are part and parcel of Bollywood. He adds, “I have seen the film. At least he tried to do something different and that’s what is important. Sajid has made some really successful films like Housefull. I am keen to work with him in his next film.”