Yerawada police station officials said that Sayali consumed pesticide on Saturday. She was rushed to Sassoon hospital, where she breathed her last yesterday afternoon.
“On Saturday morning, she came home from her hostel and directly went to washroom where she consumed pesticide,” Sayali’s father Satish said. “When we realised she had been inside for too long we asked her come out, but she didn’t. We broke open the door and found her unconscious.”
Saitsh said that though the family had not found a suicide note, they believed Sayali must have taken the drastic step as she had recently failed her exams.
20 Oscar facts: Interesting trivia about the Academy Awards
Photos: Alia Bhatt, Sunny Deol at an event in Mumbai
Photos: Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu promote 'Naam Shabana'
Flashback: When sexy models sizzled in bikinis at Tokyo fashion show
Photos: These Indian cities top the list in online purchase of sex products