17 August,2026 05:48 PM IST | Mumbai | mid-day online correspondent
Ranveer Singh with his dad (Pic/X)
Ranveer Singh's abrupt exit from Don 3 snowballed into a bitter fallout with Farhan Akhtar, with several producer associations mediating in the matter. FWICE had even issued a non-cooperation directive against the actor, which was revoked after certain meetings, and IMPPA is now trying to resolve the matter amicably. Amid this, reports are rife that Ranveer's father, Jagjit Singh, will meet the association this week to resolve the matter.
As per a report in India Today, IMPPA President Abhay Sinha told India Today that Ranveer's father, Jagjit Singh Bhavnani, is expected to meet members of the association this week to discuss the matter. Bhavnani will be meeting members of the association to discuss how things can be ironed out between the actor and the producers. "Since there were a few notices sent to Ranveer for a meeting, his father has decided to meet the association. We will then discuss what needs to be done. Given it was Independence Day and the weekend, we will have the meeting in a couple of days," he said.
Following Ranveer's abrupt exit, Excel Entertainment, Farhan Akhtar's production house, allegedly claimed that substantial pre-production work had already been carried out for the film and demanded damages of Rs 45 crore.
The matter escalated when the Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) issued a non-cooperation directive against the actor. However, in a significant development recently, it withdrew the directive following mediation efforts. A month after FWICE's decision, Farhan Akhtar and his producing partner Ritesh Sidhwani's banner, Excel Entertainment, had approached IMPPA.
Amid this, Ranveer Singh has begun shooting for Pralay, an end-of-the-world action thriller that went on floors in Mumbai on Sunday. Also producing the film, Ranveer stars alongside Lokah Chapter 1: Chandra (2025) breakout star Kalyani Priyadarshan.
The reports also surface as Ranveer is set to embrace parenthood once again. Deepika and Ranveer announced that they were expecting their second child in April. The couple shared the news through a joint social media post, revealing that their family was set to grow once again. The actor was recently seen dropping his wife at the airport as she was heading to Bengaluru.