17 February,2026 09:22 AM IST | Mumbai | Shirish Vaktania
The metro slab fell on a car killing one. FILE PIC
The family of Ramdhani Yadav, who was killed on Saturday in the Mulund Metro slab collapse incident, said that they have received Rs 39.5 lakh from the authorities, following which they will now take the body for the last rites. A bridge segment of the under-construction Metro Rail Line 4 collapsed on passing vehicles in Mumbai's Mulund area on Saturday, leaving one person dead and three injured.
Yadav's family had earlier said that they would not take the body for the final rites until they received compensation while also seeking compensation and government jobs for his kins. While the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) disbursed Rs 15 lakh to the victim's family, Rs 20 lakh was given by the contractor, and an additional Rs 4.50 lakh was given for the air ambulance to lift the body to Jaunpur in Uttar Pradesh. The chief minister has also announced Rs 5 lakh in compensation.
Ramdhani's brother Ramsamuj Yadav said, "We have received compensation from MMRDA, and we took the body. We will do the final rites of my brother. Our demands are that my brother's kin should get government jobs."