CJP protests: Government sent four proposals for talks with student representatives today, claims Union Minister

23 July,2026 06:56 PM IST |  New Delhi  |  mid-day online correspondent

Union Minister Jitendra Singh said the Centre has sent four formal invitations to student representatives protesting over the alleged NEET-UG paper leak, reiterating that the government is ready for discussions at any time, any place and urging students to engage in dialogue

Union Minister Jitendra Singh. FILE PIC


Your browser doesn’t support HTML5 audio

Amid the ongoing demonstrations by the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) over the alleged National Eligibility Entrance Test (Undergraduate) paper leak, Union Minister Jitendra Singh on Thursday said the Centre remained open to dialogue and had extended multiple formal invitations to student representatives for discussions.

Speaking to ANI on the government's latest outreach to the youth-led movement, Singh said the Centre was not allowing "prestige" to come in the way of resolving the issue.

"The government has sent formal proposals for discussions with their representatives four times since last afternoon. This is a standing invitation to all our youth friends that the government is ready for discussions on all issues at your convenience, at any place and any time," Singh said.

'We don't stand on prestige': Jitendra Singh

Emphasising the government's flexible approach, Singh, who is also the Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office, said the Centre was willing to meet students without any preconditions.

"We do not stand on prestige. Union Health Minister JP Nadda and I will be present for discussions. Slowly, by way of discussion, we will progress towards a solution," he said.

He also offered protesters a choice of venue for the proposed meeting.

"Discussions can take place either at JP Nadda's office or residence. This is a part of the series of continuous steps taken by the government for the welfare of the students. Humbly, I appeal to you all to come and have discussions," Singh added.

Centre cites PM Modi's fast-track court decision

Referring to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's announcement on paper leak cases, Singh said the government was committed to protecting students' interests.

"Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi himself is very sensitive towards this issue. As he said in his statement this morning, he gives the highest priority and importance to the interests of the youth. Inspired by this, he took the decision that all those found guilty and responsible for paper leaks will be judged through fast-track courts so that a decision is reached quickly and decisive action is taken. And this is a part of the series of continuous steps being taken by the government for the safeguard of the welfare of the interest of the students. Therefore, I once again appeal to you with great humility: come, sit down, discuss, and let us make an honest effort to find a solution to this situation," Singh said.

The appeal comes as the national capital continues to witness large-scale protests at Jantar Mantar, led by the Cockroach Janta Party (CJP) and several student organisations.

The protesters have been demanding accountability and systemic reforms following the alleged 2026 NEET-UG paper leak and other examination-related irregularities.

Earlier this week, Union Health Minister JP Nadda met a CJP delegation to hear their demands, which include the resignation of the Education Minister and compensation for affected students.

While the government has expressed its willingness to hold detailed discussions, the CJP has sought specific assurances and a neutral venue for further negotiations.

(With ANI inputs)

"Exciting news! Mid-day is now on WhatsApp Channels Subscribe today by clicking the link and stay updated with the latest news!" Click here!
Cockroach Janta Party india India news national news NEET news
Related Stories