Family flees home as killer spiders erupt from banana
A terrified UK family fled their home after hundreds of deadly spiders swarmed out of a pack of bananas they had bought from a local shop
London: A terrified UK family fled their home after hundreds of deadly spiders swarmed out of a pack of bananas they had bought from a local shop.
Jamie and Crystal Roberts in Staffordshire were horrified when they found the creepy crawlies, believed to be Brazilian Wandering Spiders which are the world’s deadliest spiders, in the bananas they had bought from a shop.
Jamie had spotted white patches covering the fruit and assumed it was harmless mould. But when he took a closer look later he realised the bananas were infested with a spider nest.
“It was like something out of a horror film because suddenly the window sill was moving with hundreds of these spiders,” Jamie said.
The family was allowed to go back only after three days.
A bite from a Brazilian Wandering Spider could kill a grown person in 20 minutes.